Slipping into depression...NOT!
And so I went ahead and clubbed myself silly at Velvet and Zouk last Friday despite a serious bout of URTI (that's upper respiratory tract infection, if you must know). Honestly, it wasn't quite bad then but it's already Tuesday and it doesn't seem ready to budge, this monster of a cough and nasal blockage, so it's really that big bloody ass BAD now.
Then I have to mention that I got stuck at home on a Saturday and Sunday, trying to rest this whole goddam thing away. It obviously didn't work cos being the smart aleck I was, I stayed up anyway, filled my pathetic lungs with more smoke, all in the vain hope that I would be better in no time. Well, would you have it? Like I said, it's Tuesday and............'cuse me while I cough the rest of my lungs out. *Hack*
Cigarettes - I've had them for 4 years now. Four. And I decided on Sunday to quit. Just like that. Wham bam. I wanna stop. How did I decide on this day when previous attempts to stop have failed so spectacularly? (the longest I went naked was one week and you don't want to know how I made up for that one wasted week when I eventually succumbed - it was OBSCENE) I guess it must be how the evil twirls of dancing smoke were so messing up my respiratory system (the boy - he thinks!). Or it could be that it would be a great way to remember her by - she always wanted me to quit while we were together. Incidentally, it would be 4 months since.
There we have it - lingering about in the house over the weekend, my long-drawn face, thunderous cough and all; not being absolutely sure whether my drippy nose is a result of excessive partying or the deficiency of nicotine in my blood PLUS my propensity for melancholic thought - voila! the perfect recipe for depression.
Then I drink to that. Cheers!
Then I have to mention that I got stuck at home on a Saturday and Sunday, trying to rest this whole goddam thing away. It obviously didn't work cos being the smart aleck I was, I stayed up anyway, filled my pathetic lungs with more smoke, all in the vain hope that I would be better in no time. Well, would you have it? Like I said, it's Tuesday and............'cuse me while I cough the rest of my lungs out. *Hack*
Cigarettes - I've had them for 4 years now. Four. And I decided on Sunday to quit. Just like that. Wham bam. I wanna stop. How did I decide on this day when previous attempts to stop have failed so spectacularly? (the longest I went naked was one week and you don't want to know how I made up for that one wasted week when I eventually succumbed - it was OBSCENE) I guess it must be how the evil twirls of dancing smoke were so messing up my respiratory system (the boy - he thinks!). Or it could be that it would be a great way to remember her by - she always wanted me to quit while we were together. Incidentally, it would be 4 months since.
There we have it - lingering about in the house over the weekend, my long-drawn face, thunderous cough and all; not being absolutely sure whether my drippy nose is a result of excessive partying or the deficiency of nicotine in my blood PLUS my propensity for melancholic thought - voila! the perfect recipe for depression.
Then I drink to that. Cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home