Reciprocity
Friends-we can't do without them (we are social creatures,afterall) but do you really need that many? There are only these many close friends everyone will have in their lifetime. But how did they come to be your best pals - the ones whom you would buy Godiva for while never quite close to contemplating the same treat for yourself? The ones whom you would readily cast your hot date aside just so he/she has your listening ear (and that is no easy feat, I am telling you!)
Reciprocity. It's a very simple principle,really. I make it a point to accord everyone I meet with respect. It's quite a challenge since we are always likely to form our opinions on appearances (shallow us...SHAME!) but when you remember this basic fact of human behaviour, you will remember to do otherwise. Well, at least for a while, till you say/do stupid things that rub me the wrong way. And then, it's adios.
Point is: I will respect you, regardless. And I shall expect no less (more is always good. So yeah!) from you. Your disregard for me means you never really care anyway. That, I shall not stand for.
What about second chances? Sure. Only if you deserve it...and I decide that. Now, bugger off while I evaluate your chances of a second try on my cheatsheet.
Reciprocity. It's a very simple principle,really. I make it a point to accord everyone I meet with respect. It's quite a challenge since we are always likely to form our opinions on appearances (shallow us...SHAME!) but when you remember this basic fact of human behaviour, you will remember to do otherwise. Well, at least for a while, till you say/do stupid things that rub me the wrong way. And then, it's adios.
Point is: I will respect you, regardless. And I shall expect no less (more is always good. So yeah!) from you. Your disregard for me means you never really care anyway. That, I shall not stand for.
What about second chances? Sure. Only if you deserve it...and I decide that. Now, bugger off while I evaluate your chances of a second try on my cheatsheet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home