And so it is...
On this Valentine's Day, we went our separate ways. We started off with a trip to the fish shop where we got more brudders for the boys. We even got a plant for them. Now the fish bowl looks really filled.
After dinner, she asked for a massage which I gladly obliged...with a few extras :P It was amazing and we fell onto the bed happy. She fell asleep and I just had to look at her a little longer. Because from today onwards, she wont be sharing this bed with me no more...
She woke to the yellow chick soft toy I planted. I did want to get her something more practical like the beret that she wanted but I couldnt find it. I didnt have much time anyway - everything happened so quickly. Just a week ago, we were right smack of a huge cold war and it was only Monday that we broke up.
I think I was partially harbouring the thought that today wont be the last. That it would be just like the previous time where I reversed my decision.
This time, I really do want a break. She tried to hold my arm when we met and I didnt resist. But where we had to break contact, I didnt try to reach out for her hand anymore. My heart was quite set that we should start the break up process already.
So after the customary gift exchange (she remembered that I like this cap from a Far East shop. It was the very same one where I bought her this beautiful dress and with which she is to wear to my house for CNY...), we hugged and talked. How we talked...
There were tears. There was talk of the future. She's not sure of what she's looking for. "What about you?"
"I want to focus on my career. To go back to school...do my CFA. Try my hand at DJing. I am gonna set up a console there (pointing to where my hi-fi is). I will need 2 CDJs, a mixer... to travel"
She must have felt sad. She was whimpering and her tears fell. She buried her head into my neck. I teared too...because she wont be there to see me do all this. She probably felt the same way and/or it was probably because she thought I have devised a system to forget her.
Forget her? How do I do that? It's unimaginable....I love her too much.
There was talk of what she would look for in the next guy in her life (priority: her and family...plus my character traits. *Sigh*), "custody visits" for the boys and us keeping in contact. I piggybacked her ard the room one last time. Then it was time to go...
Saw her to the cab (I could have seen her home but it's too difficult. I would have crumbled in the cab) then a couple of last SMSes to each other.
And so it is...
Her: with a break, perhaps you wont take me for granted anymore
Me: yes...i will learn
I leave things to Fate now. Over to you!
After dinner, she asked for a massage which I gladly obliged...with a few extras :P It was amazing and we fell onto the bed happy. She fell asleep and I just had to look at her a little longer. Because from today onwards, she wont be sharing this bed with me no more...
She woke to the yellow chick soft toy I planted. I did want to get her something more practical like the beret that she wanted but I couldnt find it. I didnt have much time anyway - everything happened so quickly. Just a week ago, we were right smack of a huge cold war and it was only Monday that we broke up.
I think I was partially harbouring the thought that today wont be the last. That it would be just like the previous time where I reversed my decision.
This time, I really do want a break. She tried to hold my arm when we met and I didnt resist. But where we had to break contact, I didnt try to reach out for her hand anymore. My heart was quite set that we should start the break up process already.
So after the customary gift exchange (she remembered that I like this cap from a Far East shop. It was the very same one where I bought her this beautiful dress and with which she is to wear to my house for CNY...), we hugged and talked. How we talked...
There were tears. There was talk of the future. She's not sure of what she's looking for. "What about you?"
"I want to focus on my career. To go back to school...do my CFA. Try my hand at DJing. I am gonna set up a console there (pointing to where my hi-fi is). I will need 2 CDJs, a mixer... to travel"
She must have felt sad. She was whimpering and her tears fell. She buried her head into my neck. I teared too...because she wont be there to see me do all this. She probably felt the same way and/or it was probably because she thought I have devised a system to forget her.
Forget her? How do I do that? It's unimaginable....I love her too much.
There was talk of what she would look for in the next guy in her life (priority: her and family...plus my character traits. *Sigh*), "custody visits" for the boys and us keeping in contact. I piggybacked her ard the room one last time. Then it was time to go...
Saw her to the cab (I could have seen her home but it's too difficult. I would have crumbled in the cab) then a couple of last SMSes to each other.
And so it is...
Her: with a break, perhaps you wont take me for granted anymore
Me: yes...i will learn
I leave things to Fate now. Over to you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home