Weekend Over
Rongjia's back in SG so we met up for some catch-up over Zouk. Not exactly the right night to go there, really...breakbeats and all that zippy beeps arent my fave. So we got some chow at the prata shop, toured Clarke Quay a little (we spotted a nice place. The name's Barfly. Awesome house music but a restaurant??! Erm...) and finished with McCafe.
We also caught up with Aldrin (he sported a new hairdo. Natural curls, he said! Foo-wah!). Things seem a little uncertain yet exciting for him - he's thinking of moving base to London. He talked about filling the numbers at clubs, the Aussie ah-bengs etc. But I went giddy when he said about upgrading our cards to those for Velvet. Foo-wah! Niceeeeeeeeeeeee!
---------
After tuition, went for soccer with Seng Tee's team. I am still quite clumsy on the big field, having miscued a couple of crosses including one which almost went in at the near post, and one crappy shot-lob from the left leg. I did produce a thorough-pass for one of the guys but he was just carrying too much weight on his body so...*poof* Overall? Less than average game. I will get better once I get used to it all, I am sure.
I dont like wearing shin pads either. Makes a clumsy me even more clumsy.
At Clement's, I picked up Feb's issue of Reader's Digest. This article was pretty relevant:
"Succeed at Anything"
Woah! Now, how could I not want to read that? Just some excerpts below:
"Like too many of us, Tony thought that being self-reliant meant never asking for help. But we need to nurture relationships in order to achieve our goals."
"Dont worry if at first you dont know what exactly you want to do. Just dont make the mistake of never committing to anything. Sometimes the answer is very simple: just pick something!"
"Your 'dream team' works best with about five people, all of whom care enough about you to be ruthlessly honest. Select people with diverse backgrounds - your jogging partner, maybe your accountant and someone whose behaviour you admire or whose position you aspire to."
"The trick is to listen to their criticiques, and thats not always easy to do."
"Now, I bet you're thinking 'Why would these people do this? What do I have to offer that could possibly induce people, some of whom I barely know, to help me in this way?' In a word, you have your own generosity, and that is the fuel making this entire engine run. By reaching out to other people with generosity, whether its to recommend a new yoga clas or to seek their counsel, you're laying the foundation for a long-term relationship. And I guarantee you will be rewarded with a positive response."
"What gets measured gets managed."
"Determine your milestones and take pulse of your progress at prescribed checkpoints. Dont be surprised if your focus shifts over time. Thats normal."
"Dont ever look back and wonder 'what if.'" You've got a dream, right? And now you've got the plan, so what are you waiting for?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home