Bad things for meself
Friday was horrible. Got a shelling from my 'sup cos I didnt adhere to the lesson p templates. I guess I got smug thinking they need me just as much I need this job. Add in a dose of heavy-duty marking (8-9 piles worth of 40 scripts each) which I was supposed to finish this week but nevertheless couldnt. I just gave up cos I am so fuckin sian.
Allow me to indulge in some griping. I am sian cos my peers are all earning more than I do. Cos finance-related work is what I aspire to really. Cos I like to just work within the specified time and not do more than what I am paid to.
Singaporeans live to work. I - I just want to work enough to live. No wonder I am such an anti-Singaporean.
Maybe I am not hardworking enough. But my soul tells me: what's the point of using so much of my living hours to do monotonous things that do not bring with them corresponding benefits. What a strange way of living, this. To do more than what I am paid to, so I can be seen as a conformist, hardworking, professional. When I already deliver on my part of the bargain.
Maybe it's time to take a step back and carve my own niches.
Allow me to indulge in some griping. I am sian cos my peers are all earning more than I do. Cos finance-related work is what I aspire to really. Cos I like to just work within the specified time and not do more than what I am paid to.
Singaporeans live to work. I - I just want to work enough to live. No wonder I am such an anti-Singaporean.
Maybe I am not hardworking enough. But my soul tells me: what's the point of using so much of my living hours to do monotonous things that do not bring with them corresponding benefits. What a strange way of living, this. To do more than what I am paid to, so I can be seen as a conformist, hardworking, professional. When I already deliver on my part of the bargain.
Maybe it's time to take a step back and carve my own niches.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home