Distracted
It's been a while...
So...I didnt make it beyond the 2nd round for the UOB one, which I was hopeful of. Now for some self-analysis:
1) I didnt really sell myself - I could have better visualised the job requirements and related my working experience to those e.g. "I believe you are looking for someone who knows how to build rapport with customers and implement service recovery where there's a need. That's why I applied. I have 2 years' experience in customer relations mgt. At APMI, I had to learn very quickly because my manager had to go on long medical leave. I picked up some very crucial PR techniques from her and also implemented additional strategies that I learnt from business books. Fortunately, my efforts were not in vain. I managed to score high on my customer service evaluation :) At V-Campus, I had to serve our Thai customers. It wasnt easy because of the language barrier but with subsequent intakes and through word-of-mouth, I became the man to look for when they are in Singapore."
2) there were better qualified people than me - maybe it's their degree qualification, maybe they already had experience with customer service in banks, maybe they were better-looking etc. The possibilities are endless.
Why bother with (2)? I cant do anything about those, can I? Better to learn and improve my selling skills. Problem is what, where and how?
So I read and I try to come up with punchy sales pitches which I can deliver at my next interviews :)
So...I didnt make it beyond the 2nd round for the UOB one, which I was hopeful of. Now for some self-analysis:
1) I didnt really sell myself - I could have better visualised the job requirements and related my working experience to those e.g. "I believe you are looking for someone who knows how to build rapport with customers and implement service recovery where there's a need. That's why I applied. I have 2 years' experience in customer relations mgt. At APMI, I had to learn very quickly because my manager had to go on long medical leave. I picked up some very crucial PR techniques from her and also implemented additional strategies that I learnt from business books. Fortunately, my efforts were not in vain. I managed to score high on my customer service evaluation :) At V-Campus, I had to serve our Thai customers. It wasnt easy because of the language barrier but with subsequent intakes and through word-of-mouth, I became the man to look for when they are in Singapore."
2) there were better qualified people than me - maybe it's their degree qualification, maybe they already had experience with customer service in banks, maybe they were better-looking etc. The possibilities are endless.
Why bother with (2)? I cant do anything about those, can I? Better to learn and improve my selling skills. Problem is what, where and how?
So I read and I try to come up with punchy sales pitches which I can deliver at my next interviews :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home