De-lovely over D Weekend
I had a quick SMS conver with her on Tuesday. Just to keep in touch and find out how she is.
It's not happy news because she's inudated with work *sigh* I just hope she pulls through.
And I wish I can be there to take away some of her load.
It's not happy news because she's inudated with work *sigh* I just hope she pulls through.
And I wish I can be there to take away some of her load.
------
Started two more tutoring assignments which with the others I have now, should cover at least 80% of my expenses. Aloysius is a P1 boy. Well, I am not exactly sure how I can interest him in the technicalities of the English Language (I am no expert on it either; I just know when to use what and I really can write :) So my strategy for him is lots of talking, some exercises and lots of reading. He cant sit still, that's why.
Kenneth's the O level private candidate taking his Geog and Social Sciences, amongst others. This one's tough and the higher fees are totally justified - I am more of a teacher than a tutor here cos he's not attending classes at all. And he's in full-time NS. But it's a huge challenge which I relish. Am developing a study plan for him which includes writing his own notes, us covering one Geog and SS chapter each alternate week and having tests after each theme's been covered.
On that note, I am going back to school to brush up on my tutoring skills. It's at MDIS and aptly called Cert. in Teaching Methodology. Costs about 300 bucks but I figured its worth it. 3 full Sundays in duration, endorsement by Oklahoma City University and added marketing value to my credentials as a tutor just seem $300 well spent.
So finally in end April, I can start posting my own namecards in the neighbours' mailboxes and do away with all those dodgy tuition agents and their 50% 1st month commission bullshit.
------
One UOB interview coming up for Senior Officer, Branches this week.
------
D Ramirez wasnt up to scratch on Friday *bleah* It was like he didnt want to go beyond his 2nd gear. Most of it was flat and although he did put in a few shout-worthy tracks ("sssssshake your ass!"), those were just too few. 6/10
Well, at least it ended well. Picked up this month's Juice and lo and behold! BUGZ IN THE ATTIC! I first heard them at Zoukout 2004 and they were quite refreshing to hear. This time round, they are going to emulate that with an outdoor performance in the Central Business District. Should be good.
Rongjia suggests Xpress 2 at MOS after that this Saturday. Erm, I am not keen on it. Call me boring, opinionated etc. But nobody does music like Zouk. I love the space, the sound system, the people...well, some only. I can be one with the music. I can fucking lit my cigarette and kill myself without the bouncer telling me otherwise. (Ok, I do know this changes in July when the no-smoking rule is enforced in ALL clubs but hey, there's 4 months to go so why should I give it up earlier by plonking myself in MOS?). Most importantly, it's home.
"I don't know what we will do if it wasnt for the music..."
------
Am watching De-lovely now. I just love this film. Great jazz, superb acting and a romantic story of a woman who devotes herself to her man even though he has been a jerk sometimes.
I could have launched myself into a full critique like I did for my Film Studies during my undergraduate days but that's bullshit. That, is in a nutshell of everything I love about the film.
No pretensions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home