Solitude aint a bad word on a Sat
Interviews on Thurs went pretty alright. The first was for Senior Officer, Branches with UOB. I must have said the right things cos two minutes after I left the building, I was called for a second interview. Wah-wee! But I said nope - got two interviews lined up that day lah. So another date will be arranged :)
The second was with Kinokuniya for Corporate Relations. This I aint too keen - communications jobs always pay lousy as was confirmed at the interview when I was asked with a smile if my expected salary can be negotiated. Damn, it wasnt very much to begin with already leh! My job objectives werent too clear when I was asked (not really interested, remember?) so that may unravel things a little. We will see.
Anyway, I tried writing for a living previously and when likes and work come together, it isnt always very pretty. I wont be too disappointed if I dont get this one cos it was more of seeing where my credentials could bring me. And it brought me to the interview table :)
The third one was really appealing - housing loan sales with UOB. A little different from personal banking, mobile banking calls for networking with real estate agents, lawyers etc so you get referrals. The basic pay was much better than what I thought and there's no limit to how much you can earn. Plus I get to meet people who are in property. That should always come in useful when I am ready to plonk down my cash for some serious real estate. I know I didnt come across as very confident at the table though - the thought of not being able to meet the targets was chewing away at me. Positivism, boy! The other minus was the office's not in town but in Toa Payoh. Working at Raffles Place was a real treat. It is always abuzz with activity and that sort of energised me whenever I am there.
But the pluses of networking with property people, a good basic salary and the challenge of achieving good salesmanship really outweigh the bad already. I am hoping...
The best part of Friday was as usual Zouk. 2manydjs were on the decks and it was kinda a mish-mash of different genres. There was inconsistency as you would expect of a typical electronic music Mambo so there were some good parts and some bad. Overall it wasnt too boring at least so a 7/10 is awarded.
But...as if camera flashes bombarding your eyes arent enough, Zouk is seeing more than its fair share of chao ang mohs. Not all ang mohs are this bad but what I have seen recently isnt going down with me very well at all. I really cant figure what they are high on. Is it the music? Is it alcohol? Or are they just plain jackasses? Last nite I saw these:
1) ang moh jackass decided to be stupid, like most of his playmates, and placed glass on floor and proceeded to stand on it
2) ang moh fem jackass charged through the crowd on the floor to join her pack of like-minded airheads, leaving a trail of others scrambling to maintain their balance
3) ang moh jackass took off shirt briefly and then fell to the floor, lying there for a good 5 seconds before getting up and swaying unsteadily
4) ang moh jackass danced like a maniac, unlike his friends, so others around them decided to keep clear in case a stray elbow knocks them unconscious
Lunatics, I told Rongjia.
The second was with Kinokuniya for Corporate Relations. This I aint too keen - communications jobs always pay lousy as was confirmed at the interview when I was asked with a smile if my expected salary can be negotiated. Damn, it wasnt very much to begin with already leh! My job objectives werent too clear when I was asked (not really interested, remember?) so that may unravel things a little. We will see.
Anyway, I tried writing for a living previously and when likes and work come together, it isnt always very pretty. I wont be too disappointed if I dont get this one cos it was more of seeing where my credentials could bring me. And it brought me to the interview table :)
The third one was really appealing - housing loan sales with UOB. A little different from personal banking, mobile banking calls for networking with real estate agents, lawyers etc so you get referrals. The basic pay was much better than what I thought and there's no limit to how much you can earn. Plus I get to meet people who are in property. That should always come in useful when I am ready to plonk down my cash for some serious real estate. I know I didnt come across as very confident at the table though - the thought of not being able to meet the targets was chewing away at me. Positivism, boy! The other minus was the office's not in town but in Toa Payoh. Working at Raffles Place was a real treat. It is always abuzz with activity and that sort of energised me whenever I am there.
But the pluses of networking with property people, a good basic salary and the challenge of achieving good salesmanship really outweigh the bad already. I am hoping...
The best part of Friday was as usual Zouk. 2manydjs were on the decks and it was kinda a mish-mash of different genres. There was inconsistency as you would expect of a typical electronic music Mambo so there were some good parts and some bad. Overall it wasnt too boring at least so a 7/10 is awarded.
But...as if camera flashes bombarding your eyes arent enough, Zouk is seeing more than its fair share of chao ang mohs. Not all ang mohs are this bad but what I have seen recently isnt going down with me very well at all. I really cant figure what they are high on. Is it the music? Is it alcohol? Or are they just plain jackasses? Last nite I saw these:
1) ang moh jackass decided to be stupid, like most of his playmates, and placed glass on floor and proceeded to stand on it
2) ang moh fem jackass charged through the crowd on the floor to join her pack of like-minded airheads, leaving a trail of others scrambling to maintain their balance
3) ang moh jackass took off shirt briefly and then fell to the floor, lying there for a good 5 seconds before getting up and swaying unsteadily
4) ang moh jackass danced like a maniac, unlike his friends, so others around them decided to keep clear in case a stray elbow knocks them unconscious
Lunatics, I told Rongjia.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home