Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday X'traordinary

The lingering pains in my calves I dont know. Are they becos of this bad bout of flu I have gotten over the past couple of days? Not to mention the bad back too.

But I didnt miss Velvet's re-opening. The new sound system is really sch-weeeet! And Pippi played a wonderous set to run it in. Nice!

But my flu got worse after that. Damn.

And so I had to skip Zouk's bday party. Imagine staying home while all that's going on...torturous.

Then I got a call from the ex. More of that later.

Sunday was spent playing soccer only. Didnt feel like tuition. I know, I know. Lazybones me...can play soccer but not give tuition. I am such an awful worker sometimes. Maybe a constant reminder of my goals will give me the push I need.

As usual, I played my robust tackling and hard running game. Which didnt go very well with the softies who are there for social soccer. Well, hard luck. That's how I play. I play hard. Sometimes I missed a tackle or two. But I don't play dirty like pushing from behind or high challenges. One of them didnt like it and wanted to challenge me. Oh, well. I dont involve myself in scuffles like that. If you really cant take the knocks and expect me to just shadow you and hope for the ball to drop my way, I suggest you play ping-pong.

After which, I called her back. Turns out her friend was the one who called me at 3:26 am. Apparently, she got herself dead drunk and her friend wasnt sure what to do. I could have picked up that call but I didnt want to. That was crazy la! I am at home so what could she possibly want from me. For sure, I did thought it could be some emergency. But I had faith that she would do better than get herself in a fix like that.

It was misplaced. She got herself completely intoxicated, got a dressing down from her mum and I felt guilty somewhat. I thought she had better sense than that. What a disappointment.

But I am not angry with her too much. More of guilt. Maybe if I had been there for her, she wouldnt have gotten herself into this much shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters