That Deja Vu Feeling
Quite suddenly this week, a sense of insecurity overwhelmed me again. Nothing new about it - it's work-related again. Sometimes, I think I am capable of being a lousy employee and motivation is at the heart of it all. When I saw that sparkle of life in Sam's eyes as he talked about his pet project, his own business in-the-works, I realised that's what's missing when I see myself in the mirror. I want to work for MYSELF too. But what? How?
Along the way, I had to have a whacked tooth extracted. It sucked. Only this time I didn't lose too much blood.
Nothing very much last weekend. Just catching up on my reading and re-hashing my finances, which includes setting aside a relatively larger portion of my income to a regular savings plan and the rest to driving lessons. It's time to get that license...unless something drastic happens and scuppers my plans again. OK, I stop myself. No excessive dwelling on the negatives.
On that note, I have just poured some money into a unit trust. The way I looked at it, the interest rates offered by banks are effectively eroding my savings since inflation is on the up. So rather than let my cash depreciate in value like that, I figured I will have the experts manage my money. No sales charge, low expense ratio and past performance reassuring the value of my money will at least keep pace with inflation.
Along the way, I had to have a whacked tooth extracted. It sucked. Only this time I didn't lose too much blood.
Nothing very much last weekend. Just catching up on my reading and re-hashing my finances, which includes setting aside a relatively larger portion of my income to a regular savings plan and the rest to driving lessons. It's time to get that license...unless something drastic happens and scuppers my plans again. OK, I stop myself. No excessive dwelling on the negatives.
On that note, I have just poured some money into a unit trust. The way I looked at it, the interest rates offered by banks are effectively eroding my savings since inflation is on the up. So rather than let my cash depreciate in value like that, I figured I will have the experts manage my money. No sales charge, low expense ratio and past performance reassuring the value of my money will at least keep pace with inflation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home