Were You at Paul Van Dyk's?
I was. And what a great set! All you who know me, I am not a trance fan. Soulful and tribal house ALWAYS. Ok, jazz and old sentimental hits too. But when it comes to trance, Paul v Dyk is another breed altogether. It's not cheesey trance that he puts out and for those who were there last nite, you saw how good he is at his mixing. Now, that's called mixing. Flawless - each track feeding on the next seamlessly, with the climaxes clashing in at the right peaks, steady buildups etc. He's no. 1 alright.
Still, I want to see Tom Middleton in action please.
Now, as you would have it at a massive party like this, there's OVERCROWDING. And it was fucked up, really. If not for the music, I would have given it to some of the stupidest people ever on the Zouk dancefloor.
If I am outta space already and am really close to the person in front of me there's barely room for my fist into your face, please go behind me and get yourself lost. But no, there had to be some idiots who would force their way through. JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD,BASTARD/BITCH?! In case you are harbouring any illusions of yourself being pencil thin, you are so not.
The Caucasians are the worst louts. I saw this bitch shoving this Chinese guy all the time! And he continued dancing in spite of all that bullying. Till it came to boiling point, of course. As you would have it, the bitch was holding a drink in hand and she was worried the Chinese guy would knock into her and such. So I ask (quietly in my head): JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD,BITCH? Do you see room anyway? Why dont you finish the drink, swallow the glass and all at the bar, near the back of the club, at the stadium seats? Come on...the dancefloor is meant for dancing, not to nurse your damn drink. I am so totally exasperated at the kind of idiots we see in Zouk these days. Goddamit. Gimme my friendly club back!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Negative interest rate
Just sidetracking here a little. I was intrigued by this ST report about how we are effectively earning negative interest rates on our savings. It does make sense, doesnt it? The consumer price index has gone by more than 2% while the average interest rates on deposits barely reaches 0.5%. In effect, you lose when you save. Unless of course you get a rate which beats the inflation rate. Which is quite impossible, anyway cos even my Standard Chartered e-savings a/c which offers one of the highest rates in town, offers me a paltry 1.5%. Blah!
The way things are, interest rates are quite near the bottom. And according to the experts, such low-interest times would go on for the next 1-2 years. Might be a good time to get into some SGS bonds, dont you think. Get the ones with short-term maturities so you have a crack at capital gains when interest rates go down somemore.
I am still learning about stocks and besides, with all the turmoil out there due to the sub-prime situation in the US, it's going to be tricky and probably the hardest way to learn about equities by buying in. So I am going to wait and see and plump for the govt securities first. Maybe bond funds are worth looking into.
Still, I want to see Tom Middleton in action please.
Now, as you would have it at a massive party like this, there's OVERCROWDING. And it was fucked up, really. If not for the music, I would have given it to some of the stupidest people ever on the Zouk dancefloor.
If I am outta space already and am really close to the person in front of me there's barely room for my fist into your face, please go behind me and get yourself lost. But no, there had to be some idiots who would force their way through. JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD,BASTARD/BITCH?! In case you are harbouring any illusions of yourself being pencil thin, you are so not.
The Caucasians are the worst louts. I saw this bitch shoving this Chinese guy all the time! And he continued dancing in spite of all that bullying. Till it came to boiling point, of course. As you would have it, the bitch was holding a drink in hand and she was worried the Chinese guy would knock into her and such. So I ask (quietly in my head): JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD,BITCH? Do you see room anyway? Why dont you finish the drink, swallow the glass and all at the bar, near the back of the club, at the stadium seats? Come on...the dancefloor is meant for dancing, not to nurse your damn drink. I am so totally exasperated at the kind of idiots we see in Zouk these days. Goddamit. Gimme my friendly club back!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Negative interest rate
Just sidetracking here a little. I was intrigued by this ST report about how we are effectively earning negative interest rates on our savings. It does make sense, doesnt it? The consumer price index has gone by more than 2% while the average interest rates on deposits barely reaches 0.5%. In effect, you lose when you save. Unless of course you get a rate which beats the inflation rate. Which is quite impossible, anyway cos even my Standard Chartered e-savings a/c which offers one of the highest rates in town, offers me a paltry 1.5%. Blah!
The way things are, interest rates are quite near the bottom. And according to the experts, such low-interest times would go on for the next 1-2 years. Might be a good time to get into some SGS bonds, dont you think. Get the ones with short-term maturities so you have a crack at capital gains when interest rates go down somemore.
I am still learning about stocks and besides, with all the turmoil out there due to the sub-prime situation in the US, it's going to be tricky and probably the hardest way to learn about equities by buying in. So I am going to wait and see and plump for the govt securities first. Maybe bond funds are worth looking into.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home