The Road Thus Far
Sorry the last entry didnt share the same fluency of thought as is my usual standard.
What I meant to say is: don't be a wuss. If you want the girl, ask her out YOURSELF. Asking by proxy is QUITE pathetic. It's worse when the girl accepts. Cos that means she's willing to accept lesser.
And it's even worse when they are both people you know. Yucks. No, wait. It's compounded when someone you know decides to play matchmaker with your ex and his friend, our main protaganist. When they bloody know you are still kinda together, cos you are holding hands and your hair's all messed up from just making out. It would be fine if that happens at least half a year after things have died off between the couple.
No, not really. Not in these two half-men's case at least. Cos it was really shocking that they still have the cheek to pretend pal-ly pal-ly and ask for favours when they really should be in hiding.
You know how they always say you shouldnt date someone from work or your friend's ex? It's the same principle - cos people know each other and it's bloody awkward when things unravel. Well, there you go.
And the bit about matchmaking your friend by asking the girl out on his behalf? Hmmmm...are you sure you guys got outta high school already? Incredible...
OK, now the real deal.
I am going to be a teacher. Oh,yes! Finally, Ming has succumbed. He's no less different from the many Arts graduates out there. Point is: all those romantic stories of people who get to do what they didnt study for is just that: romantic. Sure, there are peeps who get to do that. But they arent that common. Hence they always get extra promience. And people are lulled into hoping. I was.
It feels damn frustrating, of course. Cos I so want to engage in the buzz that is the CBD. I want to wear my nice shirt and tie and have matching brown leather shoes with pressed khaki pants. I want to chat up that nice office lady sitting by the corner of the cafe. I want to in the thick of the action of global finance. I want to read my Business Times while sipping coffee and gazing out into the harbour. I want to be called upon to analyse trends and make decisions that bring in (or make me lose) the moolah.
But at the same time, I am tired of trying for it. I have tried, so dont mock me for not trying hard enough. You know how sometimes you keep trying but you still end up with nought cos it just won't happen for you?
That's the cut-off for you, old boy. Sometimes you get what you want. Sometimes you don't. That's LIFE.
But of course, I am damn pissed about it. I am stubborn in that way. Good or bad, it depends on the context. I MIGHT be doing something about it cos deep inside, there's this rebellious streak that refuses to go into the night quietly. But certainly, not with the same zeal. It happens, it happens.
Now that the realist in me is appeased, let's indulge in some materialistic day-dreaming, shall we?
Fine watches (*drools). Enjoy!
First up, the Kari Voutilainen Masterpiece 6 Repeater.

Launched in 2005, this one sounds the hours, 10-minute segments and then the additional minutes i.e. the way it's conventionally read. A traditional minute repeater, on the other hand, chimes the hours, the quarter hours, then the minutes, which makes little sense since time is not measured in quarter hours in the modern age.
Sidenote: Kari hails originally from Finland but was schooled in the Swiss school of watch-making.
Next up: Patek Philipe 5035

The one with a croc strap is way classier, I thought:
http://www.timeofswitzerland.com/Patek-Philippe-Complications-5035-5035-4037_e.cfm
Finally, the Habring Habring 2 Chronosport

I will spare you and myself the technicalities. Just know that a couple make this together: Maria Kristina and Richard Habring and that it is based on an historical movement that is no longer produced.
Oh, and it costs $13,585.
What I meant to say is: don't be a wuss. If you want the girl, ask her out YOURSELF. Asking by proxy is QUITE pathetic. It's worse when the girl accepts. Cos that means she's willing to accept lesser.
And it's even worse when they are both people you know. Yucks. No, wait. It's compounded when someone you know decides to play matchmaker with your ex and his friend, our main protaganist. When they bloody know you are still kinda together, cos you are holding hands and your hair's all messed up from just making out. It would be fine if that happens at least half a year after things have died off between the couple.
No, not really. Not in these two half-men's case at least. Cos it was really shocking that they still have the cheek to pretend pal-ly pal-ly and ask for favours when they really should be in hiding.
You know how they always say you shouldnt date someone from work or your friend's ex? It's the same principle - cos people know each other and it's bloody awkward when things unravel. Well, there you go.
And the bit about matchmaking your friend by asking the girl out on his behalf? Hmmmm...are you sure you guys got outta high school already? Incredible...
OK, now the real deal.
I am going to be a teacher. Oh,yes! Finally, Ming has succumbed. He's no less different from the many Arts graduates out there. Point is: all those romantic stories of people who get to do what they didnt study for is just that: romantic. Sure, there are peeps who get to do that. But they arent that common. Hence they always get extra promience. And people are lulled into hoping. I was.
It feels damn frustrating, of course. Cos I so want to engage in the buzz that is the CBD. I want to wear my nice shirt and tie and have matching brown leather shoes with pressed khaki pants. I want to chat up that nice office lady sitting by the corner of the cafe. I want to in the thick of the action of global finance. I want to read my Business Times while sipping coffee and gazing out into the harbour. I want to be called upon to analyse trends and make decisions that bring in (or make me lose) the moolah.
But at the same time, I am tired of trying for it. I have tried, so dont mock me for not trying hard enough. You know how sometimes you keep trying but you still end up with nought cos it just won't happen for you?
That's the cut-off for you, old boy. Sometimes you get what you want. Sometimes you don't. That's LIFE.
But of course, I am damn pissed about it. I am stubborn in that way. Good or bad, it depends on the context. I MIGHT be doing something about it cos deep inside, there's this rebellious streak that refuses to go into the night quietly. But certainly, not with the same zeal. It happens, it happens.
Now that the realist in me is appeased, let's indulge in some materialistic day-dreaming, shall we?
Fine watches (*drools). Enjoy!
First up, the Kari Voutilainen Masterpiece 6 Repeater.

Launched in 2005, this one sounds the hours, 10-minute segments and then the additional minutes i.e. the way it's conventionally read. A traditional minute repeater, on the other hand, chimes the hours, the quarter hours, then the minutes, which makes little sense since time is not measured in quarter hours in the modern age.
Sidenote: Kari hails originally from Finland but was schooled in the Swiss school of watch-making.
Next up: Patek Philipe 5035

The one with a croc strap is way classier, I thought:
http://www.timeofswitzerland.com/Patek-Philippe-Complications-5035-5035-4037_e.cfm
Finally, the Habring Habring 2 Chronosport

I will spare you and myself the technicalities. Just know that a couple make this together: Maria Kristina and Richard Habring and that it is based on an historical movement that is no longer produced.
Oh, and it costs $13,585.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home