"My Reflection"
Osunlade feat. Divine Essence - "My Reflection"
What a beautiful beautiful track...
I first heard this on Aaron Ross' program 2 weeks ago and it has haunted me ever since. So I tracked it down and it's goin to be top of my list for a long time:
"You are my reflection
So all that I have to say must penetrate
You are my reflection
There's no other way to communicate
You are all I need to survive
You help to sustain my life
I dont know what I would do without you
Cos if I dont breathe
You dont exist
If I dont call you by your name
I have misrepresented my soul...
I always think of you
I think of your eyes
I always think of you
I think of your smile"
Cigarette in hand, headphones and swaying to this, I had to tear...it was just too good. It brought everything I have kept inside of me to the fore. And it was overwhelming.
That's the beauty of house music. It touches my soul so much cos it relates to everything in life. Especially love. Yes.
Friday was absolutely tribal. Chus and Ceballos played so much so good tribal house I forgave them for their uninspired showing 2 years ago. When the lights are dimmed, the tribal house is on, you know you are on the warpath. And how so!
Then RJ and friends came by. So we had supper at the fucked up prata store nearby. We waited almost 10 minutes. So I called for the service guy twice. No response. So I really screamed at him the third. Made a scene? Well, I could have made it worse for them and myself. But fuck you. If you are busy, at least tell me to wait. Acknowledge. Wave. Whatever. DO NOT IGNORE ME.
What a beautiful beautiful track...
I first heard this on Aaron Ross' program 2 weeks ago and it has haunted me ever since. So I tracked it down and it's goin to be top of my list for a long time:
"You are my reflection
So all that I have to say must penetrate
You are my reflection
There's no other way to communicate
You are all I need to survive
You help to sustain my life
I dont know what I would do without you
Cos if I dont breathe
You dont exist
If I dont call you by your name
I have misrepresented my soul...
I always think of you
I think of your eyes
I always think of you
I think of your smile"
Cigarette in hand, headphones and swaying to this, I had to tear...it was just too good. It brought everything I have kept inside of me to the fore. And it was overwhelming.
That's the beauty of house music. It touches my soul so much cos it relates to everything in life. Especially love. Yes.
Friday was absolutely tribal. Chus and Ceballos played so much so good tribal house I forgave them for their uninspired showing 2 years ago. When the lights are dimmed, the tribal house is on, you know you are on the warpath. And how so!
Then RJ and friends came by. So we had supper at the fucked up prata store nearby. We waited almost 10 minutes. So I called for the service guy twice. No response. So I really screamed at him the third. Made a scene? Well, I could have made it worse for them and myself. But fuck you. If you are busy, at least tell me to wait. Acknowledge. Wave. Whatever. DO NOT IGNORE ME.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home