Zk - Bkk - Zk and more Zk (Part 1)
What a whack job of a trip to Bangkok! Straight after seeing Andy Moor to his hotel, I was on the cab to the airport from Zouk. First time in 2 years since my last plane out of this ratcage we call Singapore, I was a little blur of course. Ha! But all's good and it was extra satisfying to see Singapore disappear from view and then Bangkok beckon...
Arrived there 1030-ish and into the hotel at 11-ish, where Ronald and Danny were sleeping in like crazy. Then it was one hell of a adrenaline ride cos it was time for my sleep and there I was, planning what to do with the rest of the day! So we freshened up, checked out some bazaar stalls near the hotel and right into a cab where we met up with Ron/Dan's friends - Audrina and Frances. For shark's fin.
Along the way to shark's fin world at Chinatown, we got ourselves some raw prawns, raw shellfish, crabs soaked in Thai sauce. Sch-weeeet! The shark's fin werent a huge thing though.
Back to the hotel and it was almost 24hrs of non-sleep for me already. Yikes! But no, we must go on. For some sleaze, we headed to Ratchadapisek Road. But I will leave it at that :P
Then it was time to go MBK for a little shopping and then dinner. MBK I have been before when I was in Bangkok for business 2 yrs ago. But dinner was at Suan Lum. A great chill-out place with al fresco dining places and a huge night market, it also had this huge outdoor area flanked by beer stalls on one side and food stalls on the other. There's this high and huge stage where live entertainment is the order of the day while live soccer gets flashed on the back.

Quite an experience cos we had so much good food. Being able to smoke and gawk at pretty Thai beer ladies between bites were good too :P
Then the night market where I bought 3 beautiful cloth stichings/ethchings whatever. Need to frame them up and ready them for my walls, which will be painted gold, black or whichever colour that I decide for my gold/red/black theme.



Then after nearly 36 hrs of non-sleep, I slept. Tomorrow - Day 2 of my BKK whirlwind tour :)
Arrived there 1030-ish and into the hotel at 11-ish, where Ronald and Danny were sleeping in like crazy. Then it was one hell of a adrenaline ride cos it was time for my sleep and there I was, planning what to do with the rest of the day! So we freshened up, checked out some bazaar stalls near the hotel and right into a cab where we met up with Ron/Dan's friends - Audrina and Frances. For shark's fin.
Along the way to shark's fin world at Chinatown, we got ourselves some raw prawns, raw shellfish, crabs soaked in Thai sauce. Sch-weeeet! The shark's fin werent a huge thing though.
Back to the hotel and it was almost 24hrs of non-sleep for me already. Yikes! But no, we must go on. For some sleaze, we headed to Ratchadapisek Road. But I will leave it at that :P
Then it was time to go MBK for a little shopping and then dinner. MBK I have been before when I was in Bangkok for business 2 yrs ago. But dinner was at Suan Lum. A great chill-out place with al fresco dining places and a huge night market, it also had this huge outdoor area flanked by beer stalls on one side and food stalls on the other. There's this high and huge stage where live entertainment is the order of the day while live soccer gets flashed on the back.

Quite an experience cos we had so much good food. Being able to smoke and gawk at pretty Thai beer ladies between bites were good too :P
Then the night market where I bought 3 beautiful cloth stichings/ethchings whatever. Need to frame them up and ready them for my walls, which will be painted gold, black or whichever colour that I decide for my gold/red/black theme.



Then after nearly 36 hrs of non-sleep, I slept. Tomorrow - Day 2 of my BKK whirlwind tour :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home