What Have I Done To Myself
Sometimes I like to ponder about why life just plain sucks.
This is one of those days.
After a two-day prep course at MOE's other facility at Grange Road thereabouts (a huge insignificance when you compare it to one year's training at NIE), I was thrown into the abyss that is teaching and it's all 7 classes' or 7X40=280 students worth.
All those comments that you hear from your teacher friends about the fucked up attitudes of today's students? They are true. I wouldnt go into specific details about the many fires that I have to fight today or how I am quite stretched compared to the other trainee teachers because the school only has 1 other Geography teacher besides me.
But it was tiring. Very. 4 hours of teaching (20%) + classroom management (80%) really was strenous. Factor in the classrooms being non-aircon and climbing stairs every hour or so to get to classes for 6 hours, it is absolutely draining.
What have I done to myself, really?
This is one of those days.
After a two-day prep course at MOE's other facility at Grange Road thereabouts (a huge insignificance when you compare it to one year's training at NIE), I was thrown into the abyss that is teaching and it's all 7 classes' or 7X40=280 students worth.
All those comments that you hear from your teacher friends about the fucked up attitudes of today's students? They are true. I wouldnt go into specific details about the many fires that I have to fight today or how I am quite stretched compared to the other trainee teachers because the school only has 1 other Geography teacher besides me.
But it was tiring. Very. 4 hours of teaching (20%) + classroom management (80%) really was strenous. Factor in the classrooms being non-aircon and climbing stairs every hour or so to get to classes for 6 hours, it is absolutely draining.
What have I done to myself, really?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home