Work Overcomes
Sorry, boys and girls. Haven't been updating this piece of me in blogsphere for a week now.
It's been a week at the school. Things are looking up a little, mainly because I have learnt to isolate the alpha trouble-makers in class by making them stand outside the class. At the same time, I temper this hardline approach with a dose of smiles and patience for the ones who want to learn.
Teaching is hard work. Sorry to pick at your fantasies of teachers having it easy but the reality is kids these days try their darnest to make it difficult for teachers. They do ask questions, which is perfectly fine. But they make an extraordinary amount of fuss as they do that. Some totally disregard you (read sleep in class, yakking away while you are teaching). And with almost 300 papers to mark this week, the last thing I want to do/have time for is make the lessons interesting.
Oh, bother.
It's been a week at the school. Things are looking up a little, mainly because I have learnt to isolate the alpha trouble-makers in class by making them stand outside the class. At the same time, I temper this hardline approach with a dose of smiles and patience for the ones who want to learn.
Teaching is hard work. Sorry to pick at your fantasies of teachers having it easy but the reality is kids these days try their darnest to make it difficult for teachers. They do ask questions, which is perfectly fine. But they make an extraordinary amount of fuss as they do that. Some totally disregard you (read sleep in class, yakking away while you are teaching). And with almost 300 papers to mark this week, the last thing I want to do/have time for is make the lessons interesting.
Oh, bother.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home