Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week this, week next

This week has been patchy. First up, my prac 'sup has been most obnoxious. Point form again...
1) professionalism - nobody should ever doubt my professionalism. Even when I was assigned relief classes, I made sure that students carry out their tasks and even taught them how to tackle comprehension questions. Ask the students if they learnt anything and I can absolutely assure you they did. Ask them! There's a good reason we are called trainees - we are still training! If mistakes are not meant to be made now, when and how do we learn? She was late for our final debrief and a separate personal meeting with me, tardy in giving information when other trainees were informed almost immediately after their postings have been made known and prone to giving highly ambiguous "tips". Ha! Not so professional afterall, yourself, isnt it.
2) On the point of making mistakes, who doesn't? What's more important after the mistake's been made is how to recover and correct the mistake, right? Not so to poor sods like her. She prefers to harp on what already happened instead of offering corrective measures I can take. What's the use of having a mentor then? I felt so alone then, faced with such a barrage of pressures and I can only safely say that I came through all these on my own.
3) She readily admitted that she did not have the details of the situation I was in. What more can I say? So all that critisms were based on piecemeal information? How valid are they, I ask then. How dare you criticise me when you have not even done your proper homework! And stop pointing that greasy plastic fork you poked at your tsui kweh with at me cos I am just about to knock it out of your if you do it again.

Ok, my stress relief complete. Now onto the fun bits...

Mid-week was buffet din with 'Ling at Orchard Hotel. Not very much to shout about, except the satay, soup and durian cake. The oysters weren't too succulent, the prawns were washed out etc. But good thing, I had the good sense of going when it's a one-for-one promo. HEHE! So it was really only less than $30 for two persons for such a spread. One-nil to Ming!

But prior to that, I was cooped up in Centrepoint for a while. My original intention was to go home and change for the dinner but I had my marking with me so I just bus-ed down to Orchard instead of continuing home on the NEL. The heat was unbearable and I felt really tired. So, being the smart aleck, I bought eye cream, facial wash and mouthwash to fresh up with. They worked wonderfully! Had my vitality restored by some points and stayed in at Starbucks to do my marking and spare myself the afternoon heat. Nice work! Then I wandered into Gap and bought a shirt,which the salesguy kindly steam-ironed to work out the creases. Put it on and presto, I looked neater and less lethargic already.

But that sure cost me quite a bit of money to look better...no matter, it is just as important to take care of your image as your ka-ching.

Saturday was spent with Ron and Dan. Dinner was supposed to be chicken kroner rice but they ran out of the birds so I had shish kebab cheeken lice instead. A tad expensive with no more utility than the kroner. Then we caught a supremely shitass movie. Please DO NOT watch Babylon A.D.! Please, for the mercy of God, NO! I beg you not to, really. What a complete waste of 90mins of my life - the editing is horrendous because a lot of essential character information is missing, Vin Diesel looks more like a bouncer than a leading man, and what a lameass ending...wait, I can't even remember what it was except I was stupefied when the credits crept up the screen. Then Sat was made easier when Brendon P played a wonderous tech house set at Zouk...moving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters