Mucking around
After leaving my last workplace, I suddenly realised how motivated I am and what. Which isn't a lot. I always thought that but it took a lay-off for that to register.
Is it money? Partly,yes. I want to be able to make enough so I can afford to spend on useless pretty stuff and just take off on a plane when I want to. Occasionally. That much, I know. But it's really daunting when you consider that property costs an arm and leg to have and $2 meepoh have gone the way of the dodo. And then you push yourself a little harder to scrimp together a couple more bucks.
That absolutely sucks. More so when you figure out that you are part of the small army that keeps the economy running and by virtue of that, you are kept running too. Depressing, I know. Especially when my ORD was supposedly up.
Then there's relationships too. Rongjia wishes for a simpler life. My sentiments sometimes. Is it easier for relationships to last back then i.e. say, 2 generations ago? I think so - there weren't 5 billion of us then. And they weren't put together in crowded urban centres. Even the food they ate was simple. None of those pottasium whatever or lengthy chemical names to grapple with. That MUST do something for their brains.
Talking of which, how do u have something interesting to say to each other when she insists on seeing you more than twice a week? Sometimes consecutively too! It's no wonder we are both sian. Married couples stay together because they have things like children and mortgage payments to worry about. Needless to say, that sucks. You would have figured out what I think of marriage now, huh? I feel guilty when I have to make up something just so I don't have to meet her. So I proceed to promise her that I will call, which ends up about us talking about nothing in particular at all. That's shitty. I can't figure out how women have so much to say on the phone but I hate talking at length on that device. Isn't it time someone come up with a way to limit phone time?
Hmmm...that would be the payphone, I guess.
Personal space. I want some of that.
Something to call my own. That's a huge motivator. I would love to fiddle away some of my hard-earned money on a business that I can call my own. Give it a cool name like Ming & Associates, hire a pretty secretary and start banging my fist on the discussion table when the other party refuses to budge on his price. But I know I am still young and I want to learn some more. I want to be out there, take a little bit from here and a little from there and put them together when it's time for me to really step out. I will make my own judgement calls and live by them. There's something called a learning curve and there's some way to go before I can say "I am done and I am outta here!"
Damn, I am looking forward to that already. WOOT!
Is it money? Partly,yes. I want to be able to make enough so I can afford to spend on useless pretty stuff and just take off on a plane when I want to. Occasionally. That much, I know. But it's really daunting when you consider that property costs an arm and leg to have and $2 meepoh have gone the way of the dodo. And then you push yourself a little harder to scrimp together a couple more bucks.
That absolutely sucks. More so when you figure out that you are part of the small army that keeps the economy running and by virtue of that, you are kept running too. Depressing, I know. Especially when my ORD was supposedly up.
Then there's relationships too. Rongjia wishes for a simpler life. My sentiments sometimes. Is it easier for relationships to last back then i.e. say, 2 generations ago? I think so - there weren't 5 billion of us then. And they weren't put together in crowded urban centres. Even the food they ate was simple. None of those pottasium whatever or lengthy chemical names to grapple with. That MUST do something for their brains.
Talking of which, how do u have something interesting to say to each other when she insists on seeing you more than twice a week? Sometimes consecutively too! It's no wonder we are both sian. Married couples stay together because they have things like children and mortgage payments to worry about. Needless to say, that sucks. You would have figured out what I think of marriage now, huh? I feel guilty when I have to make up something just so I don't have to meet her. So I proceed to promise her that I will call, which ends up about us talking about nothing in particular at all. That's shitty. I can't figure out how women have so much to say on the phone but I hate talking at length on that device. Isn't it time someone come up with a way to limit phone time?
Hmmm...that would be the payphone, I guess.
Personal space. I want some of that.
Something to call my own. That's a huge motivator. I would love to fiddle away some of my hard-earned money on a business that I can call my own. Give it a cool name like Ming & Associates, hire a pretty secretary and start banging my fist on the discussion table when the other party refuses to budge on his price. But I know I am still young and I want to learn some more. I want to be out there, take a little bit from here and a little from there and put them together when it's time for me to really step out. I will make my own judgement calls and live by them. There's something called a learning curve and there's some way to go before I can say "I am done and I am outta here!"
Damn, I am looking forward to that already. WOOT!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home