Saturday, November 12, 2005

What have you learnt today?

I am the sort who makes sure he reviews whats gone him by. Yesterday, days past, months, years. They are all review-worthy because I think that way, you learn about yourself and others.

1) Don't do unto others what you wouldn't want others to do onto you.
So simple I love it. When you are unsure, this saying always works.

2) I also learnt on Tuesday that a 10-min jam stricken journey on the CTE enroute to the PIE will set you back by an additional $4 in your cab fare. WTF! The ERP is supposed to improve traffic but what it really does is re-directing the traffic onto the arterial roads! $4 is way too much to suffer the (slightly better) jams on the CTE. So I also learnt a cheaper route to get to the godforsaken western side of the island.

3) I read in the Yahoo! Finance columns something by the author who wrote "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" that debt isn't necessarily bad. It's about making your debt work that matters. Woah! Bank-busting escapades here I come! So getting a bit carried away by this new bit of wisdom, I started ploughing my Thai clients with questions about buying property in Bangkok. Apparently, property prices are set to rise somemore in Bangkok *ka-ching!*

4) I am revising my financial plan and it reads something like this: let rip the belt and squirrel. Roughly, that means I am on the lookout for some more insurance coverage, cut back on the tuition loan servicing and put aside some emergency funds.

5) To be really successful in business, you have to sell. It's all about the bottomline,stupid. I really have to hone my skills at this.

6) Hmmm....I seem to have a fetish for writing in bullet-form. I think whatever's left of my once-supreme writing skills are here for all to see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters