Why Me?
This is a cry out for divine help:
"Dear God
How is it that you always seem to be mocking me? Just as I received my bloody papers to sign the rest of my life to the wonderful profession of teaching, you must dangle before me the bait of a banking career. Without fail, I swallowed hook, line and all. Now I am in limbo again.
Banking or teaching?
The former I have the passion for. I love current affairs and poring over corporate news. I relish the chance of working in the Marina Bay Financial Centre, being part of the yuppie crowds that throng Raffles Place. Being in the midst of all the global flows of money, I want that.
The latter I think I did reasonably well. I can teach though I will stop at whether I truly excel at it. It feels good when the kids are interested in what I am telling them but it sucks when they don't.
And I was going to resign myself to teaching until you decided you have other plans for me.
Why?
How is it that others seem to have it easy while I am thrown all these curveballs? I see people who have no fucking idea what they want and things just fall into their laps. They are getting fat bonuses, they are travelling to places I can dream about, they are living the lifestyle I am working so hard for. I read, I applied, I went but nothing ever came out of it when I so needed it.
I know the tough get tougher when the going gets rough. But I am exhausted. I think I am pretty tough already, so why don't you go screw with somebody else's head?
I have brushed off every damn shit with a shrug of my shoulders and try not to think too much about them. And where I least need it, you must bring with you too many choices.
Why me?"
"Dear God
How is it that you always seem to be mocking me? Just as I received my bloody papers to sign the rest of my life to the wonderful profession of teaching, you must dangle before me the bait of a banking career. Without fail, I swallowed hook, line and all. Now I am in limbo again.
Banking or teaching?
The former I have the passion for. I love current affairs and poring over corporate news. I relish the chance of working in the Marina Bay Financial Centre, being part of the yuppie crowds that throng Raffles Place. Being in the midst of all the global flows of money, I want that.
The latter I think I did reasonably well. I can teach though I will stop at whether I truly excel at it. It feels good when the kids are interested in what I am telling them but it sucks when they don't.
And I was going to resign myself to teaching until you decided you have other plans for me.
Why?
How is it that others seem to have it easy while I am thrown all these curveballs? I see people who have no fucking idea what they want and things just fall into their laps. They are getting fat bonuses, they are travelling to places I can dream about, they are living the lifestyle I am working so hard for. I read, I applied, I went but nothing ever came out of it when I so needed it.
I know the tough get tougher when the going gets rough. But I am exhausted. I think I am pretty tough already, so why don't you go screw with somebody else's head?
I have brushed off every damn shit with a shrug of my shoulders and try not to think too much about them. And where I least need it, you must bring with you too many choices.
Why me?"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home