Michael Jackson - RIP
Growing up, MJ was a constant companion. His music is so very infectious that toddlers who cannot understand the lyrics and the young-at-heart with bad backs cannot but help themselves to a little dose of the quick beats and mimic his trademark moonwalk.
I love his work. Especially that MTV for "Remember the Time". That wasnt much of the moonwalk in there but the choreography, the same beat I talked of above and the presentation...it left such a great impression on me.
But the only record I owned was his Dangerous album, bought off a rack in Chinatown. That was the era of the cassette tape still and I was so captivated by the lovely artwork on its cover. The songs were, inevitably, of the usual high quality. As a student with little pocket money for such frivolous expenditure, it was such a treasure.
I still have it if you must know.
Then he passed away on 26 June 2009. There was speculation it was due to the overwhelming stress from wanting to do well for his upcoming concerts in London. I think that might be some truth to it. Afterall, he was not so young anymore. Add that to a long layoff prior to such a demanding schedule of concerts, it's small wonder that some toll on his health must be effected.
Here's a video of him performing the moonwalk. Simply poetry in motion. And as you watch, remember how this man had the fans screaming non-stop throughout the performance and how the King of Pop rightfully earned his rep by bringing so much joy to so many people, even right after his death, I am sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nTSbHfJvk&feature=related
I love his work. Especially that MTV for "Remember the Time". That wasnt much of the moonwalk in there but the choreography, the same beat I talked of above and the presentation...it left such a great impression on me.
But the only record I owned was his Dangerous album, bought off a rack in Chinatown. That was the era of the cassette tape still and I was so captivated by the lovely artwork on its cover. The songs were, inevitably, of the usual high quality. As a student with little pocket money for such frivolous expenditure, it was such a treasure.
I still have it if you must know.
Then he passed away on 26 June 2009. There was speculation it was due to the overwhelming stress from wanting to do well for his upcoming concerts in London. I think that might be some truth to it. Afterall, he was not so young anymore. Add that to a long layoff prior to such a demanding schedule of concerts, it's small wonder that some toll on his health must be effected.
Here's a video of him performing the moonwalk. Simply poetry in motion. And as you watch, remember how this man had the fans screaming non-stop throughout the performance and how the King of Pop rightfully earned his rep by bringing so much joy to so many people, even right after his death, I am sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nTSbHfJvk&feature=related

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home