Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mid-year review

Work:
Teaching in govt. schools sucks. Here's a snapshot of all I have to do in any given week:
- Geograhy for all 5 Sec 2 Express classes
- Combined humanities for 4 Sec 3 Express classes
- daily attendance-taking for my form class and handling all the admin that comes with it
- CCA of 3+ hrs, incl. admin
- keeping track of CA and SA for Sec 1 and 2 Geog
- CRT for the Sec 3 and 2
- going onto cockpit to book venues and then getting keys, only to realise some others did not book through the proper channels and thus chaos ensue

All in, I work an average of 60 hours, including CCA (3hrs), Saturdays (2hrs), lesson planning (4hrs daily), office hours (7hrs daily), each week. WHAT THE FUCK!!! Singapore workers are already working the longest hours in the world at 47 hours per week and here I am clocking in an extra 13 hours or nearly 30% more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters