A new decade awaits
Yup,2010's here. And I will be hitting the first year of my 30s. Getting older, hopefully wiser.
I have to admire people who blog everyday. It's really not easy to find time to sit down and collect your thoughts AND put them in coherent writing. With work, domestic affairs e.g. updating my wardrobe, sprucing up my humble abode, etc, the avalanche of financial/investing information to sift through, indulging my love of films and music, getting time to do this cannot be too far from squeezing water out of stone.
Well, one thing I did manage: my driving license. It's been quite a curve, especially when you realise that all those hogwash about parking using poles is hugely impractical. My parking skills are really shitty. For now, I can only park with relative confidence if the lot's on my left. Parallel parking and right reverse parking I have absolutely zero ability. That's why I am always looking for opportunities to drive. It is such a bother, not to mention boring, to practise parking only. I do like driving and it's far less tiresome to practise my parking while I am at it.
But I like to get better at it quicker so I probably ought to put in some specific practice...
But I won't be getting a car soon. I simply can't justify having one. Letting the car bake under the sun for 7-9 hours every working day and driving on weekend nights seem like such a waste of money. Besides the loan payments, the road tax, there's the parking, ERP charges, maintenance, fuel costs, risk of accidental damage/ sabotage to contend with. And because we are going for a cashless transactional galaxy, it's just so easy to be oblivious to the heartburn induced when the carparks and ERP knocked a few digits off your CashCard. For now, getting to and off work is relatively reasonable. The trains are on time and cheap, and there's KW to share cab with when we are ready to get out of the office. Maybe when my lifestyle changes e.g. bringing the family out, having a girlfriend, getting tuition assignments would I consider buying a car.
Well, I did check out some cars just for fun and my car of the month must be the Mazda RX8. It looks like a robust ride and a 2nd hand one is just off my budget a little. Then there's the Subaru Impreza...
There was also the loneliness of 2009 that I contended with. When friends have their own partners, my world just shrank. And inevitably, I would think about her. What could have been... If I had a little more faith in myself and her, maybe we would be proud parents to a baby girl of our today. Maybe we would be going through our holiday plans for - Turkey, Tokyo, Bueno Aires. Maybe I can share with her shit that happened to me and I for her. So many maybes...
But there's a problem with the last "maybe" - I simply don't share the shit. The way I have been brought up and from my life lived the last 30 years, I have always believed a man shares only the happy moments with his woman. He is supposed to be strong. When shit happens, he takes it like a man. He doesnt go home and mop about it with his lover. I keep it all in. It's hard to change. In fact, I don't even know how to.
And that's why I am stuck...
I have to admire people who blog everyday. It's really not easy to find time to sit down and collect your thoughts AND put them in coherent writing. With work, domestic affairs e.g. updating my wardrobe, sprucing up my humble abode, etc, the avalanche of financial/investing information to sift through, indulging my love of films and music, getting time to do this cannot be too far from squeezing water out of stone.
Well, one thing I did manage: my driving license. It's been quite a curve, especially when you realise that all those hogwash about parking using poles is hugely impractical. My parking skills are really shitty. For now, I can only park with relative confidence if the lot's on my left. Parallel parking and right reverse parking I have absolutely zero ability. That's why I am always looking for opportunities to drive. It is such a bother, not to mention boring, to practise parking only. I do like driving and it's far less tiresome to practise my parking while I am at it.
But I like to get better at it quicker so I probably ought to put in some specific practice...
But I won't be getting a car soon. I simply can't justify having one. Letting the car bake under the sun for 7-9 hours every working day and driving on weekend nights seem like such a waste of money. Besides the loan payments, the road tax, there's the parking, ERP charges, maintenance, fuel costs, risk of accidental damage/ sabotage to contend with. And because we are going for a cashless transactional galaxy, it's just so easy to be oblivious to the heartburn induced when the carparks and ERP knocked a few digits off your CashCard. For now, getting to and off work is relatively reasonable. The trains are on time and cheap, and there's KW to share cab with when we are ready to get out of the office. Maybe when my lifestyle changes e.g. bringing the family out, having a girlfriend, getting tuition assignments would I consider buying a car.
Well, I did check out some cars just for fun and my car of the month must be the Mazda RX8. It looks like a robust ride and a 2nd hand one is just off my budget a little. Then there's the Subaru Impreza...
There was also the loneliness of 2009 that I contended with. When friends have their own partners, my world just shrank. And inevitably, I would think about her. What could have been... If I had a little more faith in myself and her, maybe we would be proud parents to a baby girl of our today. Maybe we would be going through our holiday plans for - Turkey, Tokyo, Bueno Aires. Maybe I can share with her shit that happened to me and I for her. So many maybes...
But there's a problem with the last "maybe" - I simply don't share the shit. The way I have been brought up and from my life lived the last 30 years, I have always believed a man shares only the happy moments with his woman. He is supposed to be strong. When shit happens, he takes it like a man. He doesnt go home and mop about it with his lover. I keep it all in. It's hard to change. In fact, I don't even know how to.
And that's why I am stuck...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home